Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Grateful
Just a few days ago I started taking care on a little 7 year old girl who has a poor prognosis on life. Her night nurse quit which lead to my phone ringing. Through the end of November I'll be spending my nights with her. Making sure her airway is clear and that what's left of her life is good. I don't know what she was like her first two years of life, prior to her diagnosis. I do know the last three years have been scary for her. If she's even aware of what's going on. I sit by her bed and watch her sleep. Imaging her smile, her giggles and exploring the great world in front of her. I watch her parents stand by her bedside and bless her. I watch them hold her hand and stare at her. They too must be thinking back on their time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment