Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bareback & Barrels

Two if the days we had free time to swim, play on the bumper boats, go bare back riding, or practice barrel racing. Sam wanted to swim, but I reminded her why we were here. If there is ever an opportunity to be with the horses, that is what we'd do. We both hopped on a horse and did some bareback riding. I was nervous but with the right horse, you feel more secure and the horse's spine is less of a pain.

When Sam would go, I'd walk along side the horse to make sure she felt safe. Lets trot mom. Ok, ready? You would have thought she'd done this before. She looked so graceful on the horse.

The moms were given the opportunity to barrel race if they so chose. Absolutely I said! By that time Revlon lost her halter in the main pasture (80 acres) and being a free spirit, she is HARD to catch, so I was given Renegade. She was more like a work horse and preferred to be double reined for steering purposes. She was definitely a challenge for me, and I loved that.



No comments:

Post a Comment