Friday, March 22, 2013

Good Music ~ Good Friends

Friends at work invited me to see Andy Grammer in concert at the Skyway Theatre in downtown Minneapolis. I heard his name before but couldn't think of his songs. Concerts are always fun. Even if you don't know what they sing.

It was general admission which didn't sound bad seeing that the theatre is relatively small. When we got there we discovered the only place to sit was the floor. Standing for three hours isn't a big deal. Except when I'm pregnant. My last two pregnancies it has been pretty bad. If I'm not moving I feel short of breath like I'll pass out. I was optimistic that I could make it through the concert. All I needed to do was keep moving to allow my blood to circulate oxygen throughout my body better. It worked. I made it. Although I was struggling during the last intermission. It's hard to move when there isn't anyone singing. Amy was a saint and bought me a $3 bottle of water. It seemed to make all the difference.

There were three performers. Andrew Ripp was first out. His songs were great! I've already bought a few of his songs on iTunes and I'd see him again. Next out was Parachute. Who? I thought. I wasn't too impressed with this group. Good music but not one that I would buy. After they finished a lot of teeny boppers cleared out. Lastly was Andy Grammer. He started out singing on the streets of Los Angeles. Just him and his guitar. He was really good too.

The night was a lot of fun. I'm glad I went. I was also glad to lay down when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment