Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ya but...

It was a hot and humid day in Nisswa
The sky was over-casted and the breeze felt nice moving on the lake.
The moment we stopped, so did the air!
Unfortunately since the sun wasn't beating down the water seemed colder than I had hoped.
I am all about swimming in the middle of the lake where I can dive, tread water and just float. I'm not one to hang on the beach and tan. I want to be in the water and float.

I slowly sat down on Sam's boogie board to avoid the chilly shock and began floating. Usually I dive in off of the boat, but since I am pregnant, I just don't feel the same about diving or treading water in case I cramp up.
The next challenge was getting Sam into the water. Since I was just sitting and her brother and Nick weren't here to join us, she was a little scared to hop in the middle of the lake.

When I asked her why she was scared to get in the water she said...
"I haven't swam in the middle for a whole year"
"There are big fish out here"
"I might get bit by a snapping turtle"
"There are piranhas in there with red eyes and sharp teeth"

I convinced her to sit on my lap and just float with me. Nothing is going to bite you - I promise!

After a quick dip in the middle of the lake I bundled Sam up in Grandma Loken's towel


Snug as a Bug in a Rug

The next day, Sam even got Grandma Loken in the water. Although we weren't very happy with Sam since she promised she would go swimming if Grandma would go swimming too. She got both of us in the water and wouldn't even get in herself. What a stinker!


One of Sam's excuses for not getting in the water this time was because she was worried that Grandma would float away so she ran to the front of the pontton to find her a rope.

Grandma made it back.
With a little help ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment