Thursday, July 14, 2011

An Ultrasound it is...

Today marks 19 weeks into the pregnancy. My 20 week ultrasound was scheduled for July 25th but that changed this morning. Today I was supporting a nurse midwife at the Woodbury Clinic and a conversation started about doppler locations. "Speaking of dopplers... would you mind using yours on me?" I laid back and away she went trying to find a fetal heart tone...
...
still searching...
...
...
still searching...
...
...
ohh! There it is... awe... it's gone before we could hear three beats. So she continued to search...
...
...
...
...
and continued...
...
..
and continued...
...
She felt it was strange to not hear the heartbeat easier with the doppler at 19 weeks so she said I needed to go in for an ultrasound today. Twice during the search for the heart beat she heard what sounded like baby moving around. Maybe my placenta is towards the front acting as additional insulation between baby and the doppler.

Just to be safe, we scheduled one anyways.

...we're having a... really? It's not December yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment