Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday morning Nick loaded up the three kids and left the house before 8am. He insisted that I couldn't come with while they ran errands. "This is you time. Enjoy it!" - "Ya but, I want to come to the stores too." No luck so I hopped back in bed for another two hours. Every so often I'd glance at the clock at see that it was noon, 1:30pm, 2:15pm, and finally at 3pm they came back home. Sam, Seth and I headed to Northfield to get Seth's hair cut and Sam started telling me about how Nick brought them to a park and they went on a hike "OUCH" I hear. I asked why she said ouch and Sam said that Seth pinched her because he thought she was going to tell me something I shouldn't know.

Love these kids - they can't keep a secret from me if their life depended on it. They have guilt all over their faces. I changed the subject and pretended that I didn't have an inclination that they were doing something for me for Mother's Day.

After we got home Seth said that they have to go to Grandpa Jim's to help Nick work on the Neon, but I wasn't allowed to come with... What?! Nick asked if I heard about the fruit punch incident with Addy. Apparently she tipped the glass over and her and Nick's hands got stained red. Luckily none of it got on their clothes. Uh-huh! Sounds like another little fib...

When they got home from Grandpa's they were even more guilty looking then before.

After hiding my present outside in the dark Nick said to just bring it in.


That Morning they left for Big Woods State Park just south of Northfield for their pictures to be taken by the waterfall. The Hike
Nick dipped Addy's hand in red paint to get her handprint. The Fruit Punch
They went to Grandpa Jim's to work on the car. The final touch of their project.

Seth painted the hearts, Sam painted the sun and flowers.
Seth's hand in blue, Sam's in yellow and Addy's in red.
By far the best Mother's Day present I have ever been given.
~ LOVE IT ~ LOVE MY FAMILY ~

No comments:

Post a Comment