Friday, July 5, 2013

2227 Sunnyside Lane, Luck, WI

This place is very special to me. I spent weeks on end at this lake growing up. It was a great time to hang out with my cousins. 
Over the years our trips have lessened. Life got busy.
Since Grandma Gerry passed away it hasn't been the same. Grandpa is lonesome for her. The cabin isn't his home anymore. Last spring it went on the market and my heart sunk further. 
They can't sell my past, my memories. Someone else will make their own memories here. I have mixed feelings about that. I'd buy it if I could. I'd live there if I could.
Adelynn, Noah and I came up for the day to see my Grandpa. It was so nice to see him. I could definitely see the difference in him without Grandma. He said he tells Grandma each night that he'll be back with her soon. He lost everything when he lost her.
I decided that I will be coming back up on Tuesday with all four kids. I want them to have another day there. Who knows when someone will make an offer and become a new lakeside cabin owner on Bone Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment