Monday, April 7, 2014

The last of basketball

Seth's first year of playing basketball has come to an end. He started the season playing less than a quarter of the game to finishing the year playing half of each game.

As a parent you are observant to how often your child plays, how often they sit, and how often teammates pass the ball to your child. 

Since working at the nursing home I've run into conflicts for a lot of his tournaments. The first one I saw, I had to say something. I appreciated the coach listening and saw changes in the very name game. The more he played, the more the ball landed in his hands. He even got some praise from teammates for winning jump balls. Best yet, his last game ended with him scoring a basket. I hope he gives it another try next year.

Next: baseball in two weeks. Same coaches, same teammates, same opponents from miles around.

No comments:

Post a Comment