Tuesday, June 2, 2020

A Mother’s Hug

The kiddos seem to be doing well with Dad leaving. We talk about him a lot. Comparing my dinner skills to his. What the chicken would have tasted like if Dad made it. Where exactly he lays in bed. What he is doing.

Today feels no different than him being gone at his annual training. I’ve been giving out a lot more hugs to the kids. Trying my best to keep in mind that now isn’t the time to push. I need to hug them. They are dealing with something so much larger than they are used to. Figuring out what their new normal will be. Wondering when they get to hear their Daddy’s voice again. When they can hug him again. 

A hug is so therapeutic. We did a lot of that yesterday. Why stop?


We managed to keep our tears in check until Grandma went in for a hug. Her voice broke as she said goodbye in her son’s ear. With that, our eyes welled. I honestly cannot recall the last time I’ve ever seen them hug.

For now, I’ll hold them tight. Everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment