Nick and I were multitasking and had bouts of silence. Typically I would end a call once silence began. Not so much anymore. A few times over the last 10 days we’ve both hung on the line while doing what we were doing. As kids wonder in and out I pass the phone off until it’s returned back to me.
Today Noah hopped into Dad’s rocking chair and carried on a conversation.
A few minutes pass and Noah laughs. “Know what I’m going to ask you next?”
“What did you do today?”
Noah is so very interested in his Dad’s daily activities. Not so much the computer stuff.
“Do you think the corona stuff will clear up before you go?”
“You’ll really be gone for a year then huh?”
I think he’s starting to come to realization. The last two nights he hasn’t been able to fall asleep. Too many bad dreams. Dad’s spot will be kept warm until he returns.
No comments:
Post a Comment