Sunday, April 8, 2012

"Happy" Easter

Seth and Sam spent their Spring Break and Easter with their Dad this year. Nick, Addy and I visited with the Adelmann's and then headed over to Dort's for Easter with the Schiller Family.

It is never easy spending holidays away from my children. I watch all of the other little kids run around playing and answer the same question of "Where are the kids?" multiple times. It is nice to hear people ask where they are rather than being forgotten. Even when Seth and Sam are with their Dad, there is always a fair share of Easter treats and eggs put aside for them when they return home. I wonder throughout the day what they are doing. Are they hunting eggs right now? Are they dying eggs? Are they running around outside, laughing and making memories? Are they thinking about me? Do they miss me as much as I miss them?

I know that Dave must feel the same way when Seth and Sam are with me. They have a large family on the Brunner side that love and adore them as well. There is a plus side and a negative side to every situation. Negative being they have to split their time between parents and family. The plus side is they get an even larger family than most kids - The Brunner's, Loken's and Schiller's.

Picture taken at Aunt Jeanie's Cabin in Garrison
Summer 2006 - Sam 1yr, Seth 2 1/2 yrs


No comments:

Post a Comment