Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A baby and her baby

Adelynn, Nick and I had to pick a few things up at the store over the weekend. Some of those items included Christmas presents, others included Adelynn's birthday present. This will be the only birthday we can get away with having her with us while we pick out her present. As I was strolling the aisles in search of the perfect present for a handful of 5-7 year old girls, I saw a baby and handed it to Adelynn. Immediately, she wrapped her arms around the baby and gave her a hug. Moments later, she began to shove her finger in the baby's mouth trying to pry the lips apart. Her and Daddy play a fun game. Well, she plays the game, Daddy is just a victim of wrapped around the pinky. She'll take her four fingers and pry his mouth open. At times it looks as if she is going to pull his lower lip right off his face. Usually, he escapes and then acts like he is going to bite her little fingers. She giggles and repeats. The two of them are so cute to watch. The moment he walks in the door, Adelynn drops to the ground and begins to scream, pant and jibber as she hurridley crawls to her Daddy for hugs. It is almost like she is saying Daddy! My day has been oh so horrible, rescue me!! It just doesn't fail. Every time she sees him, she responds the same way. I am so happy that Nick gets to experience this kind of unconditional love. In the mornings when Nick isn't home, I'll get Adelynn out of her crib and as soon as we walk into the dining room she is twisting her body from left to right to see if her Daddy is sitting in his chair, or around the corner in the kitchen. Nope. We then make our way around the house so she knows that he isn't home. Otherwise she's on a mad hunt to find him. There is no going to the bathroom for him in privacy. If she wants to be in his arms, she'll sit outside the bathroom tapping on the door telling him um Daddy, you left me out here. I'm waiting for you... hurry up... Daddy... Daddy... I'm still waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable picture and story! It's so cute to see a daddy and his kids together! I cannot believe she's coming up on a year already!!

    ReplyDelete