It is always hard being away from my children, especially on holidays. I tend to sit and wonder what they are doing, what presents they are unwrapping, and what memories I won't be able to share. We are given their gifts wrapped to bring home from the Schiller Family. Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas when family can't be together. I understand why they can't be with me and how their dad feels when he is without them. I'd doesn't get easier. It never will.
Tonight we watched Adelynn unwrap her presents. She was so happy to have more to unwrap after her first gift. She crawled around and played with all the little girls, and was held by most of the guys. She sure loves those with beards.
We've had a rough patch with some of the family and a close friend from our wedding weekend. Time has passed, and we're all coming back together. I am grateful for that.

I can only imagine how difficult it is to have Christmas without the kids! Celebrating later never seems to be quite the same... On another note, ADORABLE picture of Adelynn! Love those leg warmers! :-)
ReplyDelete