Today the kids had two concerts at school. The first at 1:00pm and the second at 6:30pm. I missed the first one because of a horrible headache/migraine. Nick, Grandma Linda, Grandpa Jim, Dave and I made it to the evening concert. The kids and I got there at 6:00pm to find that we should have just walked to school and that the south gym, as usual was packed. The north gym is much larger, but lacks a stage. The school always has to have the older students carry in 50+ more chairs to minimize the number who are required to stand. I realized it was going to be impossible to block off six chairs, especially with all those still standing, and only Addy and I to fill those spots. I found two open seats in the second row. Nick joined us, Linda sat by herself in the front row, not too far from us, and Jim stood in the back. Dave snuck in and I didn't see him until afterwards. Addy spent much of the concert on Brett Fredrickson's lap. (Nick did consignment for Gibson, where Brett worked, and I teach church to his daughter Kylin.) She was as content as could be, and he seemed to enjoy holding a baby again. His wife, Kendra was the one who wanted to snuggle our girl, but Addy wanted Brett instead.Seth and Sam are in Elementary Choir with meets every Monday from 3:00-3:30pm. They both seem to enjoy it as well. It was one of the best concerts I've been to. They both sang and looked happy on the stage.
No comments:
Post a Comment