Sunday, February 17, 2013

"It's a Boy" balloon

When Seth was born, Friday, January 16, 2004, our hospital room was flooded with family and friends. On of the gifts was a ceramic fire truck that held flowers with a balloon saying "It's a Boy" that came from Dave's sister, Jean and her family. I've never been able to throw that balloon away. It's sat out on counters, dressers and other random places over the last nine years. The writing was wearing down a bit but still heals air like the day it was inflated. The stick snapped in half but that was okay. The balloon was still in great shape.

Then came Squirt. She found it and dragged it off to bat around. When I found it, it wasn't the same anymore. It was slowly deflating. I'm amazed it lasted as many years as it did. It would have been pretty neat holding onto it until his 10th birthday or even longer.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that balloon had a long life! At first, I thought you were making an announcement about the gender of the baby - how cool would that have been if it would have made its way into the hospital this time around?!

    ReplyDelete