I never had to have braces and I'm very thankful for that. Now having a child of my own who needs braces opens up the life of those who do have to wear them. I know my perspective is still from the outside but I get an idea.
So far Seth has had them on since December. He's popped a bracket twice and have had issues with wires twice as well.
Watching him in the chair I feel totally helpless while staff is digging in his mouth with a whole realm of new tools that I've never seen working in the medical field. Using wire cutters and pulling medal inside a mouth seems cruel. Seth only looks forward to two things. Getting his rubber band colors changed every six weeks and more importantly, day they come off.
I can only watch his feet point straight out and his stomach suck in to the point you think it has collapsed against his back so much.
"That's enough!!" Is all that runs through my mind. When he's done all I can do is hug him, give him a kiss on his forehead and hold his hand on our way to the car. He's brave!


No comments:
Post a Comment