Thursday, May 23, 2013

Desk with a view

Change is inevitable. Since joining the EHR (electronic health record) team I have been moved to different office spaces every couple years. I started off in the creepy basement which filled with stinky exhaust from idling vehicles outside the surgery center. It was a nice secluded area where our teams could focus or get rowdy when needed.

A couple years later we moved up to the second floor of the old Midway Hospital. We had windows we could open which was all we needed! The bathtub in the door next to mine was comical.

Two years later we were moved from our 2-3 person office to a floor packed with close to 100 people in 4x4 telemarketing-like desks. We're now up on the 8th floor and with a slight turn of my head I can gaze out at the beautiful downtown Minneapolis skyline. Once the trees fill with leaves it will be even more beautiful. 


I'm officially out of the office until August when I return from maternity leave. There has been a joke around the office with a piece of fabric that has already been on two other desks. My turn I guess.

1 comment: