I enjoy looking through Seth and Sam's school folders to see all of what they are learning at school. They are always very good at telling me about field trips and fun events that are going on at school, but not so great at cleaning out their folders and backpacks to make room for the next week of papers.
Once I emptied out Sam's folder I noticed a lot of doodling. Mackenzie Farrington's name is all over as we'll as one sentence that clearly stands out. "I love you, Owen". Yes, my seven year old daughter has her first crush. I've heard her friends whisper about it at Girl Scouts. Just the other weekend we offered to have Owen, Kiera, and Josh sleep over. We already have three kids, what difference would three more make? Well, Kiera wasn't ready to sleep over at a non-family members house so she had Sam sleep over at her house. When Kiera's mom came by to swap out kids I shared the story with her about Sam's crush on Owen.
I guess she already knew. Sam had apparently drawn a picture for Owen calling out their wedding, house and their baby. Shelly wasn't sure what to do. Owen was thrown back a bit but they still play together.
After all of that I'm kinda glad Sam went to Kiera's house for the sleepover and that Owen came to ours.

No comments:
Post a Comment