Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th

Each 4th our family spends the morning in the Cannon Falls Parade. Seth and Nick ride in the truck while Sam and I weave the trucks in a golf cart throwing candy.

This year Nick drove Rescue and had Adelynn on his lap. She waved at all the people like a queen. Noah tagged along and probably wasn't too fond of all the sirens that go along with fire trucks. He sported his cute fire truck outfit. Seth sat in the back also and spent much of the parade hanging his head out the window waving at all their friends and strangers who were happy to wave back. Jake Toledo and his boys, Jonathon and Jakey rode in Rescue also. They picked Riggs Kosir up along the way.

I drove Jake's parents UTV while Jenna Freundschuh, Katelyn Toledo, Krista Otte (the wives) and Sam threw candy. We went through 48 lbs this year.

I love being in the parade as do the kids. It's so fun to see all the cute patriotic children jumping up for candy. Of course, we also see plenty of parents and the elderly waving their hands like they are flashing back to childhood begging for candy.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture of you and Noah! And I love that your kids get to participate in the community like that. A special day!

    ReplyDelete