Thursday, August 22, 2013

Rides and Improv

We rode our horses back to the ranch and were told the "mom's ride" would be today after lunch. When I looked out and saw the herd in the large pasture I realized plans had changed. It was only noon and staff expected us to hang at the pool all day. Um... No... I don't think so.

A few of us moms gathered and confronted the owners niece who is the riding director and were told the horses would be too mad if they were chased back in for another ride. After further discussion they were chased back in. The staff are in their teens to early twenties. Moms win every time. It's frustrating because we paid to ride horses, not sit by the pool.

We went on another trail ride with just the moms. A lot of cantering was done. It was an awesome two hours. After we got back we were offered yet another ride, this one being a night ride. Of course I was all over that idea. If you give me the opportunity to get on a horse, I won't say no. Sam opted to stay back which I was okay with since it would be dark. Good thing because someone turned on a flashlight to guide us through the woods on our way back which spooked one horse leading to half of the group being spooked. I was at the back if the line and just heard the little girls up front screaming as horses were scattering all about. One of the girls, Piper, who is just two weeks older than Sam fell off her horse and was stepped on. It was very dark by the time help came and an eerie walk through the woods. She headed to the ER with what seemed like a soft tissue injury. I was thankful Sam stayed back.

Karaoke and Improv night were to begin upon our return. Since it was 10pm, we skipped right to improv with karaoke being postponed to Friday. Sam and Fiona were called up to participate. They did motions like boxing and had to think of things to day that would describe their actions. They went on forever so a tie was called. Improv is pretty hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment