Sunday, January 3, 2016

$15 or Mom

Maintaining short hair is quite a task. Visits to the salon need to be regular or else you'll start looking shaggy. I've been slowly working on my hair cutting skills and they're getting better, slowly. Lately Seth has been letting his hair grow out a inch on the sides. I'm not too keen on the look but was willing to let him run his course. Today the bigs came home from their winter break at Dave's. After not seeing them for a week I noticed Seth's sloppy shaggy do. I told him I was going to cut his hair tonight. He immediate moved seats closer to his dad for protection. Good luck buddy... You're still coming home with mom.

I sat him down in the bathroom and began cutting.

"Hold still!", "Crap", "Dangit" came out of my mouth numerous times. "I'll just pay the $15 myself at Great Clips." He'd say. We both laughed most of the hour it took me to cut his hair. Our electric hair clippers aren't sharp any longer and pull hair more than cutting which means it was scissors all the way.

I've since cleaned up a few spots that were slicked down from his greasy hair. Overall I think I did pretty good blending. The slope in the front evened out a bit more too.

I'd bring him to a salon but then him and I could lose out on all the fun we had and memories we were making.


No comments:

Post a Comment