Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Texas Longhorn

Seth has had his orange Texas Longhorn hat since 2009. Shortly after buying it, Indy took a bite out of the bill, which actually made it look even better. Seth wore it in his fishing picture where he caught a fish through its eye. He wore it any chance he'd get. Then he lost it. He was pretty sad. I contemplated buying him a new one. I would have had I found another one in the store. That next summer while getting the boat out, his hat was discovered. Unfortunately the moisture and darkness of the live-well wasn't very kind to his hat. It was spotted with mold all over. "In the garbage." I told him. 

Later that fall we got a package in the mail from Grandma Loken. Seth pulled out his hat and it was as clean as ever. Boy did it stink from cleaners though. Grandma couldn't let Mr. Seth's favorite hat get thrown so she secretly kept it to try and clean it.


As you can see, she made him smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment