Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Science Can Be Fun

Seth and I were waiting for Sam's hockey practice to end. We couldn't go inside to watch because Adelynn fell asleep on the drive to the rink and would have been cranky had she been woken up. Noah sat in his car seat patiently for the 30 minutes she had left. The temperature outside was -9°. I told Seth to go inside the rink and ask the kids running the concession stand for some water from the coffee maker for a little science experiment. Once outside Seth spun around throwing the hot water into the air. I wasn't fast enough to catch him in action. The aftermath still lingered. Seth ran back inside for more but they wouldn't give him more water. They said it would make the sidewalk all icy. He came outside, grabbed my phone and showed them this picture. 
"Tossing some hot water into the frigid air at sunrise this morning in Buffalo, Minn. (-15°F with a windchill of -31°F) More #stupidcold photos: fox9.com/news/76266242-gallery"

Soon he came running back out with more hot water.


No comments:

Post a Comment