Monday, May 30, 2011

A Day of Honor

Today is Memorial Day. Today we remember all of those who fought for our freedom, and for those who sacrificed their life to give us a better one.

The Randolph Cup Scout Troop 208 were asked to participate in the Randolph Memorial Day Service held at the Lakeview Cemetery in town. Our troop had two boys that were able to participate (Seth was spending the weekend with his Dad and unable to attend.) Dakota Alveshere (4th grade) and Devin Ross (2nd grade) walked the American Flag up to the front and led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance. They did such a great job standing up at the front of the group holding the flag as it blew in the wind. There was a moment that made those attending the service point and smile. When the Pastor finished his speech with Amen, an eagle took off from behind the trees by the lake and soared above us. It was majestic!



I am proud of my veteran husband for the sacrifices he made for the citizens of the United States. I am proud of all those who are actively serving, and those who have served in the past by land, sea and air. I am proud of the families that have stood strong while their loved ones have been called away for a year or more. I am proud to live in the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment