Saturday, December 17, 2011

Adelynn June Schiller

After a repeat of yesterday morning, I was back up and running on Pitocin, walking the halls, rocking on the ball and watching more movies. At noon my nurse midwife, Linda Gellerman, came in to check my progress and we decided to break my water. She was on-call until 6pm and wanted to "catch" our baby. Today is the day!

As soon as she broke my water the contractions started picking up. Around 4pm I moved to the warm bathtub to help relax me. The contractions were tolerable so I would switch between the tub, bed and ball every so often. I was caught a few times walking while a contraction came, it wasn't the best feeling standing up. I would lean up against Nick or the door and breath through it. I'm sure gravity was playing a role and helped with the progression of labor.

I finally resorted to the bed, found a comfortable position on my left side and laid there with my eyes closed. The "wave" would roll in, break, and receed back to nothing. As it was almost gone, Nick would tell me "Okay, it's starting to lighten up." He stood by my side feeling lost in what to do and how to help me. "Just don't rub my hips please" is all I would say. I continued to lay there listening to "The Best of Relaxation - Pure Relaxation CD". What a difference to be able to listen to that CD and keep my mind on staying relaxed. I was getting so worn out that the peaks of each contraction were getting to be too much. I was given Fentanyl through my IV to take the edlge off. I don't think it took the edge off, instead just allowed me to rest better between each contraction.

Linda informed me that it was about 6pm and that Angela Reid would be starting in a few minutes. With that being said, I felt the urge to push. Linda had dinner plans but stayed long enough to see our baby born. Linda had told Nick that she wouldn't be the one to call out the gender of our baby; that she would leave that up to Nick. Once our baby was born it felt like an eternity before Nick shared the gender with me. I guess he had to look twice to make sure that it wasn't a boy. The Schiller generation of girls is continued...

6 hours, 7 pushes
and our baby girl was born.


At 6:31pm on December 17, 2011
Our baby girl was born.
Adelynn June Schiller
8 lbs 8.8 ounces
21 inches long
15 inch head circumference

No comments:

Post a Comment