Today is the day, or so we hoped.
I was woken at 8am to shower, eat breakfast and then have the pitocin started to get my contractions going. By 9am my primary Nurse Midwife, Katie Pehl, put me on a low dose of pitocin. We walked the halls, rocked on the large exercise ball and passed time by watching "The Blind Side", "The Break-Up" and "The Persuit of Happyness".
Linda brought Seth and Sam up to visit after school was out. Dad and Grandpa Williams stopped by on their way down to Winona. Nick, Linda and the kids left to go grocery shopping and grab some dinner. Before I knew it, the clock said 8pm and Sarah Kromroy, CNM, was in to visit. After being on Pitocin for more than 10 hours your uterus becomes saturated and it no longer becomes effective. I was unhooked from the pitocin, monitors and my IV. I was offered a balloon device that appies pressure to both sides of the cervix which helps dialate. I was 3cm on the outside and 2cm on the inner cervix. A hour after the balloons were placed I progressed to 4cm throughout.
"Get a good nights rest!"
No comments:
Post a Comment