I'm ready to piece our lives together. It's one thing caring for a newborn in the hospital. It is another to take them home and figure out how life fits together gain with a new baby.
I enjoyed my stay at Woodwinds but there is no place like home. We didn't get out of the hospital in time to pick my parents up at the airport so my step-brother, Cale, picked them up and drove them to our house.
Nick wasn't quite ready to go right home from the hospital. Instead he wanted to bring Adelynn to her first store, a very special store, Saint Paul Harley Davidson. My feet were too swollen to fit into my shoes, so I wondered around Harley wearing my not so fashionable slippers. We picked Ads up a white and a pink Harley Davidson hat which she loves sporting on every outing we take. She is a proud Harley girl! We also picked Sam up a pink and black HD hoodie and Seth a black zip-up HD sweater. Since Nick got his new bike, we have definatley become a HD family. Tangent...
We left HD and headed to get the kids from school. Shortly after we got home my parents and Cale arrived.
There is no time to settle in. We have a concert to go to. I made sure the hospital staff knew that I had plans and needed to be home to attend Seth and Sam's Christmas Concert. Especially since Seth has joined the Elementary Choir and has been practicing every Monday from 3-3:30pm.
Adelynn was a hit after the concert. She met all of the kids past and present teachers, their friends and others we know throughout the community.
No comments:
Post a Comment