Today is MEA - and being the wonderful mother I am, I scheduled all three kids for doctor visits.
Seth developed a wart on the top of his foot so Dr. Peterson pulled out her liquid nitrogen and began to freeze it off. Seth's response? Besides it being more painful than the bottom of his foot, was to plug his ears.
"Why are you plugging your ears?"
"I'm squeezing my brain so it doesn't hurt."
In exchange, Dr. Peterson bought three swags from Seth
Sam was seen for her 7 year well child check.
She is now 48 1/4 inches tall and weighs 49.5 pounds
Adelynn was seen for her 9 month well child check, (I missed her picture - I'm horrible, I know. But luckily, she looks the same as yesterday picture)
Adelynn was 28 1/4 inches long, weighed 19 pounds and her head measured 18 inches.
Earlier in the day, Seth and Sam watched me get my flu shot at work, it was not their turn. Dave took them out of the room to get their shots, while Dr. Peterson continued on with Adelynn's visit. A few moments later, Seth came back into the room to give me a good-bye hug. The next in the door was Dave, carrying Sam, whose head rested on his shoulder with tears welling in her eyes. Sam has never liked flu shots. She usually tenses up and resists it. I just hate seeing them cry - even if I know it is for their own well-being.
Seth and Sam went with their Dad to start their long MEA weekend, and Adelynn and I ran to the grocery store where we met an elderly woman who just loved seeing Addy smile. Our paths crossed at least 8 times.


No comments:
Post a Comment