The kids and I were heading to St. Paul on 52 and I kept getting honked at by semi drivers. The first time I thought the semi just hit the burp strips on the side of the road. Then, it happened again. Both hands were on the wheel, I was awake and staying in my lanes, so why was I being honked at.
Often timed the kids are moving around in the back seat so I often don't look in my rear view mirror when hands are flapping around.
After the second honk I looked back and found the cause of all the honking. Sam would make eye contact and smile and wave, Seth would perform the universal "hey semi-man, honk your horn".

I loved doing that as a kid - especially at trains! Only slightly less entertaining now that I am a licensed driver. Amazing what parents put up with!
ReplyDelete