Monday, October 1, 2012

Young Man with Ideas

This school year I have asked that each day when the kids come home from school they are to do their homework, chores, and then sit for 15 minutes to read a book.

Why a book? Seth hates reading, and he needs to practice to help conquer his dyslexia. His frequent attitude towards much in life (that requires effort) is "I can't". Well, that's not acceptable in this house!

Nick handed Seth a book that he checked out from the Randolph School twice as a kid.

Henry Ford - Young Man With Ideas

We hope that Seth will take away an important message from Henry Ford.

"Whether you say you can, or can't, you're right."

I'm also hoping it won't take him 20 minutes and a gallon of tears to read two pages. It just breaks my heart :(

No comments:

Post a Comment