Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

It is one of my favorite holidays today and we were all very excited to get out trick-or-treating.
Before that time comes, the kids had Halloween parties at school to dress up for.
Seth already had lunch and his mustache was rubbing off.
 
Sam was moving too fast for me to grab her picture at school.
 
 
All ready for trick-or-treating minus the touch-up that was needed on Seth's face.
 
Sam went as a nurse, Addy settled with Seth's 1st Halloween Costume of Tigger (which has a cute little tail on her bum) and Seth dressed up as a homeless man begging for candy.
 
I was a little nervous about sending Seth out in that costume as we are living in a recession and many families are struggling to 'make' it. One of the first houses they went to, I stood across the street and one house over since they'd be running my way after that house. From afar, I heard the man saying "your mom" and the kids pointing towards me saying "over there". Oh no, I though to myself. The guy turned to back into his house and dropped another handful of candy into Seth's bag. Phew!  I thought.  I asked what he said and "He said I had the best costume all night and then gave me another handful of candy!!" As we continued on for the night, Seth got another five or so compliments. One grown lady called for her elderly father to come look at Seth and his sign. The old man chuckled.
 
Next year: Sam wants to be homeless woman begging for candy so she can get as much as Seth did. Not like that matters much, since they mix their candy into one bag anyways.
Seth isn't sure what he wants to be for Halloween next year. He said we'll have to look around on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment