Friday, November 2, 2012

Anatomy & Physiology

Who wants to dissect a pig?

It seems to be all that I've been doing every Tuesday since August.

This is a kidney. We will need to label each part of the kidney, the vessels, pyramids, cortex, etc. as well as know what everything does. This class is considered a 'hybrid'. We are to self learn the subject for the week and come our 50 minute class to take a quiz weekly, or an exam every three to four weeks. After that class, those who didn't take lab in the morning, head down one floor to the A&P lab room from 4-6pm. I appreciate having less class time, but I also appreciate having lectures. This class offers around 30 minutes of lectures each week. My instructor focuses on the tough areas of the subject and provides a study guide for the quizes/exams. After she finishes with this weeks lecture, she opens up for questions that students may have for the quiz we are taking. (Which is not directly related to the lecture we just finished listening to.)

I'm not sure how I'll make it through a year and a half of college classes while working full time. But that is what I decided to do. Family and then college.

I want life to be easier for my kids - college first - then family. For me, if I would have went to college first, I wouldn't have the family I have today. Life wouldn't be the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment