Last year Elf joined our family. He flies in on Thanksgiving and hangs out until Christmas Day to see the children's faces as they open presents from Santa.
Sam found him yesterday morning sitting on Adelynn's crib. She covered her mouth with both hands and started jumping up and down. Once the excitement passes, she began to look closer. "Why does he look so fake?" "He's made out of plastic!" "He even has a tag!" The tag is for note taking I said.
This morning as I was trying to sleep until at least 9am, Sam peeked her head into our room and asked if we've seen him. "No, babes, I haven't been out of bed."
A half hour later when I crawled out of bed, she pointed him out. Seth woke up at 6am from his alarm to get ready for trapping with Grandpa Jim. He hung out in the dining room for an hour and didn't see him. But on his behalf, I'm sure he was still sleepy and too excited about trapping to think about the search.

No comments:
Post a Comment