Friday, November 9, 2012

Overloaded?

Why yes, I think we just might be!

Nick and I are very active in our community as well as in our children's lives. There isn't much time for hanging out at home. When we are at home, we're usually working on a project or cleaning the house.

Nick's List
Tousley Ford Parts - Nick has a job he really likes it. (well, most days) The downfalls - It's 45 minutes away and he works 9-6pm. That means, he is out of the house from 8am to 7pm Monday through Friday, with a Saturday shift of 7-4pm once a month. He has little paid time off. I hate him working there to be honest, and he knows it. He gets home so late, which cuts out us going anywhere on the weeknight. It's a job and he wouldn't get paid like he does by working at the Ford dealership in Northfield.
Volunteer Firefighter/First Responder - Meetings monthly on the 1st & 3rd Thursday and the 3rd Monday of each month. Meetings run from 7-9:30pm which means three days a month I will only see him for the brief and chaotic hour in the morning.
Cub Master & Den Leader -  Round Table Meetings on the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month from 6:30-9pm. (another night without seeing my husband) Leader Meetings on the 2nd Sunday of each month. Pack Meetings on the 3rd Sunday of each month. Monthly activity outside of the Pack Meeting for scouts to participate in if interested.

Lori's List
System Analyst @ HealthEast Care System - maybe... We are in the process of a reorg, so I have no idea where I will be placed in the coming month. Right now I train new doctors and clinic staff on how to use our electronic medical records. I the offer them support at the clinics, which is my favorite part. Finding ways to make their life easier.
Field LPN @ Prairie River Home Care - (based out of Rochester), I basically wait to be called when there is someone who needs medical care within their home. I started this position because our friends family member needed help with her wound dressings every three days. They live just down the road from us, and it didn't seem right that her daughter should have to do this work all of the time. Her elderly parents live with her and her family. Another way for me to help others make their life easier. Jo has been in the hospital and transitional care awaiting to come home. I'm sure I'll be out taking care of her within a month. PRHC wasn't sure if they would really need me. But it turns out that they do. I've been caring for a cancer survivor who lives 15 miles from me. Every night I drive over to her house, spend about 15-30 minutes with her and then head home. What is great about this job is that one visit pays roughly the same as what I make at HealthEast. No matter how long or short of a timeframe I'm there.
Treasurer for Cub Scouts - Each scout has their own account that I manage their funds out of. Plus the Pack has their own funds as well. I run to the Scout Shop at least weekly to pick up uniforms, awards, achievement buckles, etc. so the parents don't have to be inconvenienced by running to one of the shops themselves. (Hours and locations aren't that great). Since there is one just a few miles from my work that I drive past twice a day, it seems to make sense for me to make their life easier. I also attend all of the pack events and meetings.
Troop Leader for Girl Scouts - I have felt horrible for Sam's experience in Girl Scouts. Her troop leader for the past few years has never scheduled fun events with the girls. They just sell cookies and make crafts once a month. Another mom and I had enough, and have stepped in. We're in the process of trying to keep the girls who have dropped out due to the less than acceptable troop gatherings. We will meet with the girls twice a month plus schedule a fun event each month if they wish to participate.
Church School Teacher - Each Wednesday evening all three kids and I head off to St. Mark's Church. Last year I co-taught 2nd grade with another mom. This year I am teaching the same group as 3rd graders. It has been going well. Except for last week. They were roudy as all could be. I implemented a 'time out' and had each of the 11 students sit on their own pew. Shush! I don't think I was meant to teach kids. I can't even get them to listen to me. Alright, where is that ruler. ;)
Inver Hills College Student - I'm doing it - going back to school to get my RN. I hope to be accepted into the RN program for their Summer of 2014 program. The program will last a year and a half. After I get my RN, I'll continue on to obtain my Masters and then decide where to go from there. Right now, I'd like to be a Certified Nurse Midwife or a Nurse Practicioner. These programs would take another two years of specialized training. If anything, I'll be able to show that I did something for myself. Well, maybe more for my kids to have a better future as I would be able to help pay for their college.
Cannon Falls Soccer Coach - I've coached Sam's soccer team the last two years. Seth would like to try soccer next Summer. I'm sure I'll coach again. I used to say to myself back in High School that I would one day coach. I'm starting with the young kids, and follow my kids as they grow. If they stop, I might just continue up to the junior high kids, where they know the fundamentals of soccer - now we focus on techniques. I've even talked with other parents about finding out how to bring soccer to Randolph High School. That would be the best!

Sam's List
Hip Hop Dancer @ Northfield Dance Academy. She raised enough money to pay for 3/4 of her dance costs for the entire year. Sam dances from 6:30-7:15pm every Tuesday. She has a few recitals scheduled throughout the year.
Girl Scout
Hockey Player - If she could get her way. She did a "Try Hockey For Free" event in Northfield with the Taylors. She did so great and was even put with the older kids because she did so well; and yes, she scored a goal.

Seth's List
Cub Scout - Seth was in the top 3 for selling Wreaths and Swags. Next week he'll be able to toss a whip cream pie into a leaders face as well as be awarded with a gift card for his achievement.
Trapping Assistant

Adelynn's List
Giggle Maker
Snuggle Master

No comments:

Post a Comment