It’s been a long 19 week since I was at my functional fitness class and I’ve missed it every day. The coach posted on Facebook today that family or loved ones could attend class for free tonight (otherwise a $10 drop-in cost) so I jumped on it. First thing was running two laps around the indoor track. I was surprised I didn’t loose my endurance and was able to do it. We then did a few stretches along with lunges into a cossack squat x4 and back to two more laps to complete our warm up.
Next we worked on sumo deadlifts adding weights after each set of 4 until we moved to the snatch, again adding weights after each set.
Our metcon (metabolic conditioning) to wrap up our hour class was 30 seconds of overhead squats with an empty bar, 10 second rest followed by 30 seconds of box jumps. We’d repeat this five times which was pretty mild in that it usually runs 20 minutes. The purpose of today metcon was to push fast and hard. Get as many reps in as possible within those 30 seconds.
I did it and I left feeling accomplished. Tomorrow will be painful as I pushed myself to increase how much I was lifting. My legs are already sore. I didn’t lift as much as I had in the past but enough for being my first day back. One more week and I’ll be back 3-4 nights a week for my therapy.
Mind ~ Body ~ Soul
Mind ~ Body ~ Soul
No comments:
Post a Comment