Sam’s practice today was the big parents vs. kids game. It’s the biggest game of the season where we put the girls in their place and show them that we can play too!
This year, Adelynn joined us on the rink with playing for the girls. She’s a die hard and a little spit fire. She was in on the plays and would come by taunting the adults that we’re going down! With each goal she’d be sure to put us parents in check. “Watch it short stuff!” as I’d slide her around the rink with my stick.
Our goalie was Courtney who is one of the assistant coaches. Lucky for us, she is a goalie. We were whooping some butt with an 5-0 lead. Then someone decided to be a softy on the girls and switched goalies for the teams.
Our new goalie was pretty good but I think she was letting some in. At my first opportunity, I plowed into Sam and tried tripping her so we could score. Yes, Sam jumped at the chance of being in goal. She did pretty good.
We all had a great time and I thankfully didn’t run any girls over.
No comments:
Post a Comment