Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And the Renovation Starts Now!

Our guest bedroom (aka my walk-in-closet) days have been numbered since we found out that our family of four will be turning into a family of five this December. When we moved into this house we talked about repainting the guest room, but never got around to it. Now that it is time to change the theme from feathered paint and flowers to baby, we wished we would have taken this project on well before my 6th month of pregnancy. The wallpaper trim that boarders the ceiling requires two seperate steam passes. One to take the decorative layer off, and the other to take the glued layer off. Thankfully we bought a handheld Shark Steamer with our wedding money. The prior owners painted all of the nice hardwood doors and trim. I flicked my thumb nail over the painted trim and noticed that a piece of rubbery paint lifted off of the trim. I grabbed that paint and pulled a nice 4 foot long rubbery strand all the way to the top of the door. Great! Now we have to peel/chip away the paint on the trim.

Much of the room has been emptied and our living room became a mess with the totes of newborn clothes, changing table, crib, highchair and other baby things I got back from my sister.
Hopefully I can get our couches back. At least I can still sit in the recliner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment