Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Night at the Great Minnesota Get Together

Yesterday Nick and I went to the MN State Fair with our friends Amanda Hackman and her boyfriend Sean Johnson to see Country Singers Eric Church and Toby Keith. The fair is packed with people no matter when you go and you're always guaranteed a few double takes at people as they walk past you. Sometimes I wonder if people dress up in costumes to come to the fair. Maybe it is just their style. Who am I to judge them. It is just fascinating to see how people are so different, and how so many are the same.

We not only go to the fair to check out the stands and events, but we also go to EAT!

Sweet Corn x2
The Original Cheese Curds
Corn Dog
Deep Fried Candy Bar
Italian Ice
Sunnies in a Boat
Chicken Fried Bacon
Sweet Martha's Cookies
Luigi's Fries (bite from Amanda)
Deep Fried Mac & Cheese (bite from Amanda)
Lots of Water and a few Ice Teas.

This was consumed within the one and a half hours before the concert started. A few were picked up on our way out of the fair afterwards (Cookies & Deep Fried Candy Bar).

The concert was pretty good. I've seen Toby Keith in concert four or five times now. We sat center stage about half way up the grand stands. It was just close enough. My stomach was movin' as Bean danced around inside me. I sat the whole time and had my jacket over my stomach. I was worried that it was too loud for Bean and possibly hurting him/her. I just read on BabyCenter.com that outside noise is actually amplified within the womb verses being muffled. If our baby has hearing troubles, I'm going to blame Toby and Eric for putting on such a loud concert! (Well, fine, myself). Nick sat beside me with his arm around me the entire concert. I miss seeing him in his cowboy hat, and he misses wearing it. I think he is far past needing a new less deformed one.

No comments:

Post a Comment