Saturday, September 17, 2011

Boys will Always be Boys!


Nick, upper right on top of grain bin.

Or... Men who Work Hard, Play Hard

The Randolph/Hampton Fire Department had a full day of grain bin training. They met at Triple O Dairy Farm just outside of Randolph to practice their extraction skills in case someone becomes trapped in their grain bins. Corn and other grains act as quick sand. The more you struggle, the faster you will sink.
The three pictures below were taken at their spring training behind our house at the Co-Op.

The picture to the left shows a man sunk to his waist, Nick, Chris Opelt and Glenn Staudt placing the extraction tube around the victim. This keeps additional corn/grain from falling on top of the victim as they try to rescue him.

After a long day of training we went to Reed Kosir's house to pick up a push mower from their garage sale and ended up visiting with him, Dale Hallcock, Chris Opelt and Jake Toledo.Nick and I finally headed home to get back to the baby's room and heard Reed and Dale say they will see us in a while. Not taking them seriously, we went home and made some dinner.

Knock knock

I was soon volunteered to watch Reed's two kids, Riggs-4, and Piper-2. After saying I'd watch them I found out that I would be watching them at the Kosir house, while the three boys go to the bar for an hour.

About an hour and 15 minutes later the boys got back to Reed's house. Reed's wife was having a garage sale this weekend so the boys took advantage of their play-time before the toys would be sold.

From Left:
Reed on a toy car
Dale on a race car
Nick on a motorcycle

Luckily Cooter was never ran over on their many trips down the driveway.

Boys will always be Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment