Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Carpenter Extraordinare

Seth has been working on a project with his Uncle Billy. He called saying it was finished and to let Nick know so he could earn his belt loop for Cub Scouts. I told him that we needed to see it so Nick could make sure it met the 'criteria'. Dave stopped by with Seth on his way to school and he quickly ran it into the house. I was very surprised. I figured it was going to be a big bulky crooked bid house. Instead it was the cutest bird house that I have ever seen. I am so proud of him! Seth's next project is to build his momma a bird house. I'm sure we'll use Uncle Billy's blue prints and bring it to one of the spring Pack Meetings to have the scouts build one as well.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done! He should go into production now! And Mike wants to know what bird he intends to "catch" with that house... (apparently there are different houses for different birds...who knew?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seth said any kind. When I mentioned that specific birds like their own style of bird houses, he said "oh, then I'd like one of those little yellow ones." Mike- Any hope?

      Delete
  2. He's not sure...He said I could google it and find out - which I started to, but was getting nowhere fast. So, my words of advice are: go out and by yellow peeps and put them in there and then other little yellow birds might think it's a yellow bird party. :-)

    ReplyDelete