At my first OB appointment last week we weren't able to hear our new little one's heart beat so we were given two options; wait a week and come back or schedule an ultrasound. We decided to wait. Today I was training at the HealthEast Woodbury Clinic and figured I'd schedule an appointment to check for fetal heart tones. The Nurse Midwife student called out 160 beats per minute and the seasoned Nurse Midwife called out 150 beats per minute. The numbers didn't matter to me, just hearing the beats was all I needed. Through further discussion about how I go 16 days over with my pregnancies, it was suggested that I still go get an ultrasound. Nick was working in Cottage Grove today so I made the appointment for 4:15pm.The time came and warm gel was squeezed onto my stomach. In a matter of seconds we saw our baby. S/he was active as every, waving back and forth to us. The ultrasound tech said "You are much further along than 12 weeks, 6 days. I would say you are about 15 weeks. I was excited that I was just bumped three weeks out, yet confused as to how we would have conceived that much sooner. As she continued to measure, the weeks began to shrink back down. I wasn't 12.6 weeks anymore, now I was moved to 13.3 weeks. Which moved our due date from Friday, May 24th to Monday, May 20th.
It was a great day. Nick was just thrilled with being able to see his second baby growing. Yet another miracle happening before his very eyes. We asked to find out the gender, but it's still a bit too early.
Such great news!
ReplyDelete