Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm going back!


I have always struggled with being overweight. In 2005 I got a membership at Gold's Gym and would workout every morning from 5-6am and get to work by 7am. I even hired a personal trainer to help me achieve my goals. I ate right and stayed committed to my workout routine. The weight wouldn't drop... I went to see an endocrinologist to see why I wasn't able to lose weight and was told I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance. My doctor gave me Metformin to help control my sugars and Phentermine to help drop the excess weight. Within a year I lost 70lbs and never had I felt better!

Then my life changed... Dave and I divorced and I no longer had the ability to make it to the gym before work. I met Nick and my lifestyle crept back to its old ways. I was looking through old pictures and came across these. My new motivational tools. I did it once before, I can do it again.

My plan is to workout from 4-5am, get ready and bring Addy to daycare before starting work. It's early, but I am going to do my best to get back to what I was in 2007. To reach that goal by November of 2012, I will need to lose five pounds a month for a total of 45 pounds. It's a good thing that Zumba is a lot of fun!


1 comment:

  1. You can do it! It's all about getting into the routine and having no excuses! I don't envy this 4 am business, though - I barely made it out of bed at 5:15 to do BodyPump this morning! Once summer comes, it may get easier as it'll be a good opportunity to get everyone outside pounding the pavement (or riding bikes). A fun and healthy family experience....

    ReplyDelete