... to go back to work.Last night I laid in bed wishing for more time home with my baby girl. I wasn't ready to go back to work; I wasn't ready to drop my baby girl off at daycare. Tears welled.
Morning came, my alarm sounded after silenced for 10 weeks. In an effort to shed some pounds, I did Zumba on the Wii from 4-5am, at which point Addy woke up, and I still needed to shower. Nick got up with Addy and I continued to get ready for work. While making breakfast, my single egg pan tipped off the burner which caused me to drop my egg on the floor. I opened the freezer door to grab a waffle and a box of sausage fell on me. It wasn't a good morning.
It was soon 5:45am and I bundled Addy up to drive her 3 miles to daycare. It only takes five minutes to get there and I left the house way to early. I crept at a slow speed down the dirt road trying to waste time. Instead it just allowed me extra time to think about how I wanted to just turn around and go back home. Just breathe I'd tell myself. She'll be just fine. She'll get a lot of attention. Marie has had many of other babies that she cared for. Before I know it, I'll be heading home and I can snuggle her all night. I fought the tears and held them back.
10 hours and 15 minutes later, Addy was back in my arms. She slept in her carseat from 4:30pm to 9pm. They say never wake a sleeping baby, but when she sleeps until 9pm and then stays up until midnight on a weeknight, that rule suddenly becomes obsolete.
No comments:
Post a Comment