My baby was due December 31, 2003. We didn't want to know the gender of our baby until s/he was born. We were very eager to begin the next step of our lives. I was 14 days overdue when I was admitted to United Hospital and given Pitocin to help induce labor. I wasn't progressing, so I was sent home. I returned the following evening for another round. I remember contractions were getting strong while watching ER on Thursday night, January 15th. On Friday I decided to get an epidural because the pain was pretty intense and I was losing what energy I had left. The pain in my left hip lingered as my left side didn't fully become numb. Dr. Nancy Struthers told me that I would need to have a c-section because it was taking too long and baby's heart beats were showing signs of distress during contractions. The surgical room was prepped and the staff came to wheel me away. During the time they were gone the pain I was experiencing was getting more intense. I was ready to push.

At 10:40pm on January 16, 2004
Our baby boy was born.
Seth Thomas Brunner
7 lbs 1 3/4 ounces
19 1/2 inches long
14 inch head circumference
This morning Seth was wished a happy birthday by his Grandma Loken. She was quickly corrected that he doesn't turn eight until tonight because he was born after dark.
I can't believe it has been eight years. Before I know it, I'll be saying "I can't believe it has been 18 years". My baby is half way to driving. Then graduating, going to college (i hope), finding his true love and making me a grandma. It is easy to daydream about the what the future may hold. It is staying in the present and soaking up all of the little things that can be hard. We take life for granted. This blog will help me slow down and look at the little things in life that make me smile. All of which started with this little boy.
Happy 8th Birthday Seth! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment