Saturday, August 13, 2011

2nd Annual Chetek Vacation

Bill, Jodi, Josh and JoHanna have lake property in Chetek, Wisconsin on the Chetek chain of lakes.
Last year we took up the four-wheelers and dirt bikes. It was non-stop riding.
This year we left them home.

Seth rode up with Jodi and Josh. JoHanna rode up with Nick, Sam and I.
Bill had to work, so he missed out on the fun.

Friday night we had a fire and the the kids were hyper!
Jodi graciously let Nick and I sleep in the bedroom, rather than on the fold-out couch.
hmm... another plus side of being pregnant.
Nick and I chuckled as we listened to the kids keep Jodi busy with midnight snacks and movies.

Saturday was beautiful. We hopped on the boat for some fishing and swimming, only to find out the battery was dead. They hooked it to our truck to charge the battery, Nick went off to take a nap,
and Jodi took Josh into town for some new flip-flops.


Attempt #2 was a success! Off we went!

We found a sand-bar and let the kids swim. About a hour and a half later we moved a little down the shoreline and fished. No luck! The girls preferred playing with the waxy worms.
I believe they even wed the waxies.

 Seth was chilly so he covered up in my old Lion King towel. Josh picked up the edge of his towel and complimented him on his cool towel. As Josh was "checking out" the towel, he gracefully slipped it around his shoulder. I just laughed at how sly he was trying to be.

I was watching the radar on my phone because of some very scattered showers all around Western Wisconsin. As I told Nick and Jodi about a cell approaching we looked over our shoulders and darkness was rolling in over the treeline behind us.

We had a choice to make. Head North around the chain in hopes of beating the rain or head South around the chain. North looked more promising. Maybe we should park under this bridge! But Jodi pressed on. I grabbed my large beach towel, curled up underneath it and held what I could over Nick's head. The girls hid under their towel and the inner tube. The boys hid, I mean, attempted to hide under their boogie boards. We were drenched! There was poor visability and Jodi was being pelted by what felt like hail. Finally we made it back (about 20 minutes later).

Nick and Jodi napped, I read a book, and the kids played outside. It was peaceful. NOT!
The four kids were running in and out. Yelling to one another, because not one of them can have a conversation without feeling the need to do it at the top of their lungs. (indoors or outdoors). I had to get up four times to take an ax away, pick up things that fell out of the truck when they opened the back, hear about how the boys tried pushing the girls in the water and knocked a bowl in the lake and more I'm sure.

The kids love being there together, and what makes them happy, makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment