This weekend I was left all alone...
The kids were with Dave all week, and
Nick was on a bike trip to Milwaukee with his Dad to visit Junior.
I cut the grass, weed whipped, pulled weeds, folded clothes
and played some MarioKart on our Wii.
Then my tummy started growling. It was lunch time and I needed to eat.
Hmmm... what sounds good?
I decided to go to the movies (by myself) and have some popcorn to fill me up.
Popcorn is healthy... well, at least before they pour on the butter and before I load it with salt.
I have never went to the movies by myself. I always felt like people would look at me funny
for going to the movies alone. What movie did I go see? The Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Yup, you read right, and I thought it was great!
After making history by going to a movie by myself, I went home, played MarioKart a little more,
and figured I should run to Menards to pick up a longer garden hose and some nozzles for our water spickets. I was starting to get hungry again, and had no interest in making myself dinner.
Fast food didn't sound good, so I decided to make the historic day, even more historic.
Today was also my first day going to a sit-down restaurant (with a waitress) and eat by myself.
Once again, I felt funny! Like people would be wondering - Why is she eating by herself?
Doesn't she have friends or family who she could be eating with.
I tell myself some pretty lame stories.
I gotta say, I've never been in and out of AppleBees within 35 minutes before.
A historic day with breaking my own rules twice,
and not letting my stories stop me,
from being okay by myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment