Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hockey Sounds Fun

This weekend I worked another hockey tournament at Braemar Ice Arena off of 169 and Valley View Road. I have such a good friend, who will sit all day with me working the box. Well, thanks in part to the pay. I write down the details of the goals and penatlies, as well as announce them. I also have to open the penalty box doors for the players coming in and going out. Melanie runs the scoreboard and has the nerve racking job of "Did I start/stop the clock, Phew!" We did a total of 10 games over the course of Saturday and Sunday. Thankfully, the days went by fast. A few painful games of 16-1, 12-0, 10-0 and a few games that had me at the edge of my seat.

Sunday Nick brought the kids up to the rink and kidnapped Melanie's boyfriend Dan (Nick's good friend) and brought him up too. Since today is Sunday and I would be at the rink until 5:30pm, I wouldn't be able to give my babies hugs and kisses before they spend the week with their dad.


Sam asked if she could announce one of the players names, which I would have loved to let her. Just wasn't sure if the parents and coaches would appreciate it. Plus I'd like to be invited back for future tournaments. Seth wanted to push the buzzer, but we missed that opportunity. They hung out in the penatly box for a while before I sent them to the floor above us, which looks down right behind us.

Sam looked at me and said that hockey sounds fun. What do you mean sounds fun? Announcing? the noices?
No - playing hockey sounds fun.
Ahh - yes it is a fun sport and one of the most expensive sports to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment