Earlier that day, we ran to Northfield to buy tickets to the State Fair and pick me up a wrist brace.
Sam wanted to use her allowance to buy a $20 pillow pet, which I have been refusing to buy her since they came out around Christmas of last year. She was short $5. Well, save up more of your allowance and we'll come back once you have $20. Knowing that she didn't have much of a choice, she agreed.
They both earned $5 this morning for cleaning their room in under four hours. (typically it takes same 8-10 hours to clean her room since she prefers to play.)
Seth wanted a helicopter but only had the $5 he just earned a few hours ago. He too agreed to save up his money and come back later to buy it.
After getting home, they wanted to run in the sprinkler.
I thought it would be a good idea, so out to the yard we went.
To the kid dismay, I put them to work instead. Here's the deal... If you fill this five gallon pail to the top with the fallen walnuts, I'll give you each another $5. I had just picked up a full pail of buckets less than a week ago and they were once again all over the yard. So to prevent them from rolling an ankle, we needed to get them picked up before running in the sprinkler.
I was inside working and the kids came in. Big issues! They picked up every walnut in the yard and the pail is only 3/4 of the way full. I walked outside and pointed out all of the ones they missed. Even after those there was room for a few more. To ensure they each earn their $5, they grabbed the low hanging branches and pulled the walnuts off. Whatever works! They will fall soon enough anyways.For Sale: 3 LARGE Walnut Trees. You cut & You haul

No comments:
Post a Comment