Just about a year ago, this little girly came to live with us.
Who ever knew such a cute little face would make so such bad habits tolerable.
We would let her outside to go to the bathroom and after being out for an ample amount of time, she would sneak off to a room we weren't in and relieve herself (both ways).
Her wet spots are so small that it is hard to see on certain rugs that she did anything at all. We've been woken to an unpleasant surprise of accidents on our bed. This was the start of her sleeping in the kennel at night rather than in bed with us. Thankfully, she only pees on carpet, rugs and clothes or bags lying on the ground. With a house full of hard wood floors, her spots are limited.
I bought a book to learn how to train small dogs. Have I put any of what I've read so far to use? Nope. I really need to dedicate some time to getting her habits corrected. Sometimes it is just easier to pay someone else to do it for you. I'm holding off on that option. But something needs to happen before our baby arrives this winter. That and we've purchased a few new replacement rugs that can't go on the floor until we know her habits have been broken.
When we go out of town, Grandma Linda watches our dogs for us. We hear about how Chloe sleeps on her lap at night and snuggles with her all the time. A perfect lap dog! I asked the kids if they would be okay with Chloe going to live with Grandma and Grandpa Schiller. We only live a little over five miles from them, so we can visit Chloe often. They both agreed. (surprisingly)
Unfortunately, Linda doesn't agree. Especially with Chloe's bad habits.
As much as I talk about finding her a new home. She is just too cute and way too good with the kids to just say goodbye to her. Oh, the things we get ourselves into.

No comments:
Post a Comment