Tuesday, June 25, 2013

8! 8! 8!

Turning 8 is the newest milestone in birthdays. Why? Because that is the age when the State of Minnesota no longer requires children to sit in booster seats. The second part of that is they need to be 48" tall. Since their seat belts cross their shoulders at the right place we chose to disregard the height.
Sam took full advantage of her birthday powers. "Since it's my birthday..." Dairy Queen, Fireside Lounge, front seat of truck, no chores, picking songs to play in truck, and bought a few on the juke box.

Sam is still my independent, sassy, silly little girl. She holds on to irrational fears such as getting but by a snapping turtle while swimming in a lake, and getting attacked by a bear while camping. No matter how many times I try to reassure her that I've never heard of a snapping turtle attach, she still avoids the water. She is my beach babe.

Grandma Loken & Great Grandma Adelmann gave get cash, Grandma Linda bought her two fleece horse blankets and a horse necklace. She got a lot of calls and birthday wishes on Facebook. From Nick and I, she gets another fun week at horse camp in August.

Happy Birthday Samantha, I love you with all I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment